Friday

Flail

I can't imagine the degree of stress you must be under out there. I don't know how well I would deal with not knowing where my job stands day to day.

I imagine you just showing up at home one day. Unannounced. I love surprises.

Last night Owen and Jocelyn came down. Angela, Jocelyn, Owen, Robin, Emily and myself made our way to the Albion. Mad dancing ensued. I have whiplash. It was amazing.

Although. After all of this time being back with the old gang feels strange to me. When I am back with them, I lose all the confidence I normally have. They know me as that girl who had all the sads in first year. Not the strong, confident person I am becoming. There are times when I become frustrated. I am not as articulate, well read or funny. Maybe that's not true, but those are the feelings that arise out of our interactions.

All of this is not to say that I don't love them. But in the words of someone great, "the longer you know someone, the more drama there is".

1 comment:

  1. What a wise, sexy, brilliant person that must have been!

    Making others see you the way you want to be seen can be frustrating, especially with people who have known you through different times. Stay true to who you want to be, and those that are worth it will stay true too.

    ReplyDelete